Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Turn to the Sun



"Turn to the sun and let the shadows fall behind you" -Maori proverb.

       People make many mistakes in life and I have had my fair share of them. It was hard to try and fix those things that I did wrong. I struggled and struggled to make my life better but the mistakes just kept coming. What was I doing wrong? Why couldn't I make myself a better person? The answer came as I was reading the Book of Mormon. The story of Alma the younger hit me as hard as a rock. I needed to repent. I thought that just changing those things that I did was considered repentance. But as I studied and learned from others, repentance is more than that.

      The Hebrew word for repentance is "shub", which literally means to turn from and to turn to. In order for me to receive that forgiveness and help that I was in need of, I needed to do just what the word shub means. Turn from my old ways of life and turn to the Son of God, even Jesus Christ. He is the only way. Only through him can we receive peace and forgiveness that we want in our lives. As i turned to Christ I cast my burdens on him and the shadows that so often haunted me have been cast behind me as I have turned to the Son.






No comments:

Post a Comment