Thursday, September 15, 2011

Practice Feasting

Don't you just wish you could pick up an instrument and be able to start playing it amazingly? I sure do. It would have saved me four years of painstaking practice, practice and some more practice. But of course it isn't that easy. Learning guitar wasn't something that was at the top of my list of things to do. But with diligence and strong perseverance and because of the thought that my grade in my guitar class would go down, I knew I had to practice. In the end it helped me alot to have that motivation because now playing the guitar is my favorite thing to do. Its the same way with the scriptures. Reading the scriptures wasn't something I desired to do in my free time. With the help of my family and those around me I grew to love the scriptures and the messages it has for me. I began to "feast upon the words of Christ" as Nephi puts it in 2 Nephi 32:3. I found those things in the Bible and Book of Mormon that helped me through my day and helped me become a better person on the inside and out. I know that with diligent study and "feasting" we can have a better life and when those hard time comes we will be ready for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment