Saturday, August 11, 2012

Beautiful Strings Part 1

Yep! There is another picture of a guy playing guitar. You'll notice that he has his fingers on the strings. That is really the only way that one can play guitar. Contact has to be made with the strings in order for the note to sound. When I began learning guitar, I struggled with placing my fingers on the right string and pushing down hard enough to make the note sound. As i worked more and more on strengthening my fingers and learning where the strings are I was able to start playing music. Not only did I have to strengthen myself but I also had to play inside the frets. Down below is a picture of frets on a guitar. They are the lines that protrude a bit to allow the string to make different notes. Playing a note requires one to keep their fingers in between two frets.





The gospel of Jesus Christ requires us to keep ourselves within the frets of the gospel. In John 14:15, Christ says "If ye love me, keep my commandments". He then promises in verse 21 of the same chapter "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my father, and I will love him, and manifest myself to him." As we keep the commandments and stay within the frets of the gospel, Christ will love us and bless us beyond measure. We also must make sure that we are pressing down on the strings hard enough or putting our full heart and soul into the gospel of Jesus Christ. I promise as we do this we will play beautiful music in our lives. God will forgive us of all that we ever do wrong. We just need to practice and learn what is required of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment